My first MMO was maplestory. Good, fun, wacky and boring grind to 200. My next, which I played ages 8-14, was CoH/CoV. While flying around Paragon City, I heard a LOT of crap about Aion. Like, a lot. Since it was my first really MMO that wasnt a 2D sidescroller, the opinions expressed really got into me. But, after making this blog, I read a lot of other blogs. Most of em like Aion. I am trapped. See, I automatically associate Aion with crap, because that was the general opinion fed to me, but all the same it seems pretty cool. What should I do? I dunno if i should give it a spin, so I am gonna ask a few questions about it, hopefully you guys can give me an answer.
- Does Aion have a realistic movement/flight mechanic that represents both gravity and the ability to travel fast?
- Is it heavily dependent on time-consuming activities you cannot interrupt? (Such as dungeons that make you reset if you quit the team)
- Is gear a large part of the way you play?
- Is the economy balanced with large amounts of ways to make money that do not require player interaction (vendoring) ?
- Is the grind to the maximum level too long to really make you interested for the endgame?
- Does the endgame have new things that encourage you to continue playing?
- Is the playerbase stable, with enough to team up effectively to conquer group effort required tasks?
- Is there PvP, and if so, is it fair?
Thanks if you reply.