Monday, April 19, 2010

Aion

Well, heres the thing.

My first MMO was maplestory. Good, fun, wacky and boring grind to 200. My next, which I played ages 8-14, was CoH/CoV. While flying around Paragon City, I heard a LOT of crap about Aion. Like, a lot. Since it was my first really MMO that wasnt a 2D sidescroller, the opinions expressed really got into me. But, after making this blog, I read a lot of other blogs. Most of em like Aion. I am trapped. See, I automatically associate Aion with crap, because that was the general opinion fed to me, but all the same it seems pretty cool. What should I do? I dunno if i should give it a spin, so I am gonna ask a few questions about it, hopefully you guys can give me an answer.

  1. Does Aion have a realistic movement/flight mechanic that represents both gravity and the ability to travel fast?
  2. Is it heavily dependent on time-consuming activities you cannot interrupt? (Such as dungeons that make you reset if you quit the team)
  3. Is gear a large part of the way you play?
  4. Is the economy balanced with large amounts of ways to make money that do not require player interaction (vendoring) ?
  5. Is the grind to the maximum level too long to really make you interested for the endgame?
  6. Does the endgame have new things that encourage you to continue playing?
  7. Is the playerbase stable, with enough to team up effectively to conquer group effort required tasks?
  8. Is there PvP, and if so, is it fair?
Thanks if you reply.

~ Rien

9 comments:

monkeyfish said...

I have made a few posts on my blog that may answer your questions:

http://monkeyfish.mmofansites.com/posts/tag/aion

E.g., aerial combat.

Rienuaa said...

Nice plug for your blog. Ill bump it on mine if you bump me on yours!

monkeyfish said...

:( I wasn't really trying to plug, I just happened to have written some posts about Aion while I played it, that are related to your questions.

E.g., flight combat sucks in Aion and I explain why I think so.

monkeyfish said...

Oops that was supposed to be a smiley :)

Rienuaa said...

Whatever..... :D

itsbigandopen said...

For Aion Cheats, Aion Dupes, Aion kinah cheats, Aion Bots, Aion Guides, and Walkthroughs click here

Games, Entertaiment, Hobby, said...

ms Server Private Servers Top 100

Games, Entertaiment, Hobby, said...

ms Server Private Servers Top 100

tamedimpala said...

For Aion Cheats, Aion Dupes, Aion kinah cheats, Aion Bots, Aion Guides, and Walkthroughs click here